February 7, 2012

Inspiration

Before I hiked the AT, I read journal after journal (www.trailjournals.com) and pined over a life on the trail. It was how I learned and gained inspiration. I saw countless photos of the many places I would visit; I fantasized about climbing those very same mountains, touching those very same border signs, and seeing those exact same vistas that make your heart skip a beat. I had a fire within me that was so fierce, so unstoppable; I had to hike the AT.

Somewhere along in my browsing for info on the TransAmerica Trail, I found this blog that really, really, hooked me in. My mind had already been made up that I'd bike cross country, but the route had yet to be determined. Randomly stumbling upon RJ's blog answered that question.

Then I found this video that she created. When I first watched it, I put it on full-screen, threw my legs up on my desk, leaned back and watched it on my 24" monitor; I had the feeling of "Yes, YES, I will DO this!" That intense fire was rekindled; I knew I had to bike cross country...so I will.

Note: Take 20 minutes out of your day to watch the video, because if it doesn't inspire you to ride a bike cross country, or even across town, it'll at least allow you to see some wonderful sights this country has to offer.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Patrice:
    Just sent you an email (Journey of Dreams) and saw you had this blog... cool, we are on bikes in America this year, too! We're doing it supported style (first time) and will tag team 10,000 miles. Maybe we will run into you out there!

    Ron and Diane
    Dreamcatcher and Kadiddle (AT 2010)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ron-I had periodically been checking in on your blog, anxious to see where you and Diane will be riding! Do you have a planned route? Hopefully we'll find each other on the road somewhere, would be neat to see you both out there. Best of luck on this part of the journey!

    ReplyDelete