March 2, 2012

More Moments

Today, March 2nd, is 3 years since I summited Springer Mountain, and began walking to Maine. In the craziness of this typical real-world Friday, I was able to take a few moments to reflect: I baked my favorite cookies, sea salted whole wheat chocolate chip, washed them down with a latte, and thought some thoughts.

Three years ago at this exact minute, I was settling in for a very, very cold first night on the mountain. I ate angel hair spaghetti with powdered tomato sauce, and filtered water from the pvc-piped spring. The temps dropped to a balmy 7 degrees. I never slept a wink.

Those are moments I will not soon forget.

1 comment:

  1. Dammit! And now, I want a cookie. Ps: speaking of cookies... look who finally changed her browser settings in order to comment!

    ReplyDelete