July 2, 2012

Madison to Campground

40ish miles? Yellowstone, we need to break up.

Yellowstone is beautiful, but I don't think I'll ever bike through here again. Every other vehicle is an rv, usually towing a car, and there are thousands of people everywhere. And not only did I pay an entrance fee, but then there's a camping fee. And a shower fee. And then you have to stand in line for 30 minutes to take a shower. I miss small town America already. Get me OUT of here!

Today was hot and hilly, so we took lots of breaks. We ran into some girls we met at the ACA, and they're now traveling with Ben, a cyclist mapping his own route.

A few highlights of today: a family of bison, crossing the Continental Divide 3 times, getting fed sodas, shrimp, fruit and cheese by a traveling family (one from NJ), hitting my max speed of 40.3 mph on a sweet downhill, and seeing the majestic Tetons on that very downhill. That view made today's challenges almost seem insignificant.

It's been a day. I'm looking forward to leaving the park tomorrow and getting back to some quieter roads with less traffic.


No comments:

Post a Comment