May 6, 2012

Fear

It is fear that often stops us frozen in our tracks, inhibiting us from doing the things we love, or the things we think we'll love.

Do I have fears? Yes. Are they stopping me from living? No. It wouldn't be normal if I didn't feel slightly timid about biking across the US, solo. But I know what the dangers are; It's important to be real with yourself.

My family thinks I'm insane. Of course I'd love to have a cycling partner, but it's not that simple. When I tell someone about my trip, they typically say, "Are you crazy?" I laugh, and think to myself, "Yes, but it's crazier to not live your dreams."

So yes, I may have a few loose screws, but I get to explore this country in ways many people only dream about.

Stop letting fear win. Go have an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment