June 21, 2012

Missoula

Rest day. I love spread night!

We putzed around town to do the usual, including dropping off bikes for a tune up and a good cleanup. Mine needed a new chain, and the bearings in my front hub were tightened. I know, exciting stuff. By the way, my bike has undergone an identity crisis and sexual reassignment surgery. He is now called Beast of Burden!

Every Wednesday during the summer in Missoula, there's a music festival under the bridge. I ate Indian and Thai food, yum! The live band was a great addition to the day.

We swung by the ACA to say adios to Arlen and take a photo with him, what a guy! He's the one person I met so far who has enjoyed Kansas, so I'm happy to hear a positive review.

Spread night made me so happy. We bought a crusty loaf of French bread, kalamata olives, goat cheese, an avocado, artichokes and red wine. Fanciest meal in a while. And we polished it off with brownies from Arlen and Shawn. Followed by a night out at Tamrack Brewery and a few cold ones.

Next big milestone coming up: Yellowstone.






1 comment:

  1. You look terrific!! Is that McKinley?? Great idea on bike tune up and the name!!
    The food looks AWESOME!!! You are able to take in SO many summer festivities along your journey! SO cool!

    ReplyDelete