June 4, 2012

Sisters - rest day

Day 8. 0 miles. Rain rain go away.

I woke up to el crappo weather, and Karen and Steve were gracious enough to offer a second night. I needed no convincing, I was exhausted and didn't want to ride in the rain.

We spent most of the day in Bend. I picked up a Goal Zero solar charger on the cheap; can't wait for sunshine to use it! I Texted Wags letting her know I'd be in Bend (her old stomping grounds) and she recommended McMinamins for beer and food; what a damn good choice. Ruby beer and a hemp burger, and blueberry lemon cobbler. Ahh calories. I'll need those over the next few days with 3 consecutive passes into Baker City.

I'm pooped from this rest day, I need to lay down.

4 comments:

  1. "Ruby beer and a hemp burger, and blueberry lemon cobbler"??? Wow, now, THAT is a combination.

    Sorry about the weather! Until now, it seems as if you've been lucky with weather, so this is probably a temporary glitch.

    I look forward to your next blog posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim "Will" EdwardsJune 7, 2012 at 12:22 PM

    Storm,

    Here's a link to a journal that's a couple days ahead of you.

    http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=1&doc_id=10631&v=25

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Will! He's only a half a day ahead, saw him in Mitchell the other night. My blog isn't current to where I am.

      Delete
  3. I've been looking at your pictures on slideshow. Oregon is SO gorgeous. It reminds me of the Adirondacks in NY State, but BIGGER. I remember crawdadding in a river in Oregon years back. The pictures of a river reminded me of that.
    Eat heartily and drink beer when you can! Carb loading!

    Love reading your entries!

    ReplyDelete