June 24, 2012

Wisdom to Jackson

20 miles. Head wind: an evil bastard.

We are miserable.

Today was super flat with a few gradual uphills, and we still moved at a snails pace. My ass is falling apart, and we didn't want to fight the head winds over 2 consecutive passes, so a lazy day was in order. I'm lucky to have a kick ass riding partner, where neither of us feel any rush to move along.

We met up with Ed, another TransAm cyclist. He was with a group but decided to stay in Jackson, too. So we have another friend tonight!

It's a billion degrees, and that's no exaggeration. I think I will melt. And I can't stop eating.

I love cycling cross country, and I love riding my bike every day, but some days can really suck. The hard times make the good times that much sweeter.

That is all.

2 comments:

  1. I hear you about head winds, but not as strong as you are experiencing! Just think of tail winds when you can't hear anything and you float along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will do great, as you ALWAYS do. But that sounds like very very hard work...

    ReplyDelete