June 10, 2012

Sumpter to Baker City

Day 14. 28 miles. Short and sweet.

Today we had a super tail wind and flew into Baker City in no time. Kim, McKinley and I took turns drafting as we pushed hard with the wind; it was so great to ride as a team, I loved the group effort.

We stopped a few times along the gorgeous Powder River to take in the beauty all around us. Today's backdrop was my absolute favorite, by far.

I need to stop eating myself into a miserable oblivion. After a large lunch and a beer, McKinley and I got milk shakes and rested in the park for a while. Well, as usual, my stomach revolted against dairy. We both laid there in pain, laughing at our stupidity.

After dinner, obviously we needed dessert; chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream was the winner. Bad news, but oh so delicious. I just keep telling myself I need the calories.

McKinley and I are staying with WS hosts Mitch and Kathi, and Kim is staying in a motel. We will meet up in the morning for breakfast and town errands on our day off.

I'm loving being with women since we can all relate. Life is good on the road through America.

2 comments:

  1. Patrice, I'm so glad that you met up with women companions to ride with! You sound so positive and just enjoying life. I love it!!
    I'm able to follow a few of the towns on that yellow map of the Bikecentennial Trail. It's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's great news that you're finding friends. I'm not surprised. Who can resist you???

    We just sent a map of the BikeCentennial Trail to your mother, at her request. She likes it -- in addition to the one on your fridge -- because it lists so many towns.

    ReplyDelete