August 3, 2012

A Detour to Tennessee

50 miles. And a 4 hour car ride.

We are off route for 2 nights at casa de Bryson, so McKinley could attend an annual family gathering of sorts. My choices were to A) attend the party, or B) ride for a few days with Whitney and Promise, and McKinley would have just gotten dropped off where I was. After wrestling my thoughts (I was stressed about taking more than a day off), I decided to go with McKinley to drink homemade margaritas on the river with great people and rest my chaffed butt; I know it will appreciate a full day away from the chamois. So Bill drove a few hours until he found us on our bikes. We were thinking we had a few more hours before he showed up, and as we pulled over to make a bottle of sun tea to brew on the bike, there he was on the side of the road, like magic.

This morning we ran around Target trying on pretty dresses for the party, but no such luck for either of us. I wanted something to cover up my horrendous sun-poisioned shoulders, but it looks like I will have to scare McKinley's entire family with my shoulders that resemble a pubescent boys acne-laden face. Look out fellas, here I come.

We met up with Whitney and Promise in Harrisburg for lunch; we wrecked house at the Pizza Hut buffet. I had several slices of pizza, several plates of salad, and cinnamon sticks. After 2 hours of loud, wildly inappropriate, hilarious conversations, I thought we might get kicked out for our ill behavior. Good news: we left at our own free will. But not before Promise clipped her nails at the table. Homeless moment #429.

I'm so exhausted. Today was an epic day, and I'm glad I'm horizontal and ready to rest before the big day of margs on the river. Oh, McKinley's whole family has no idea she's attending, such an excellent surprise for them!

When I met Betsy, or the youngest Bryson member, she greeted me with a "Well hello, tan person." I suppose I'm rather dark, I wish my skin would stop browning because it is getting ridiculous.

Photos: Pizza Hut nail clipping session, and loading the bikes on Bills car



No comments:

Post a Comment