August 11, 2012

Berea

A trip to Lexington.

I was anxious to replace my front tube after snapping the valve stem on one and bending the other (stupid floor pump), so today was the big day. While I had Beast flipped upside down, I examined my tires as if they were on a surgical table under the bright lights. I found a nice gash in my rear tire coming up the sidewall, revealing the blue kevlar belt. Not good. So Sandy was kind enough to shuttle us down (or up?) to Lexington so I could buy a new tire. Lexington was awesome! We ate South African food, lavender ice cream, and schmoozed with the fellas at the bike shop, who were extremely easy on the eyes. I've found that there's lots of eye candy in bike shops. Maybe I'll move to Lexington to creep around Pedal Power. Look out, boys.

We swung by to pick up the girls at their motel, but Promise was too tired to rally, so just Whitney came. Dinner was at the Boone Tavern, a classy joint with fresh and local ingredients. Afterwards, Whitney wanted us to pose for an awkward family photo...see below. I can't not laugh at her at all times, she's a maniac.

So I changed my tire and patched the gash with Loctite. Exciting stuff. Hopefully the new tire holds up through Virginia, it wouldn't be my first choice; I've become a bit of a tire snob. Is there such thing?





No comments:

Post a Comment