August 31, 2012

Life

I've been on the road back to my non-traveling life; it's been a week since I returned home and I'm  missing riding with an intended goal each day. Waking up in the same place every day is still a little odd, but it sure is fantatical to wake up and stumble to the kitchen to my beloved french press; coffee on the road is horrid.

Things I learned: gas station coffee is better than hotel coffee, why washboards were once used, that rednecks do not scare me, diaper rash cream is a life saver, shooting a dog with a water bottle is enough to get them to back off, sun block can only do so much, riding with the sunrise and sunset is gorgeous, cows can run quite fast, there are a lot of dead armadillos in Missouri, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are still delicious, even after several loaves of them, Pop Tarts still make me gag, it's easy to break a lexan spoon in a half gallon of ice cream, riding uphill even on an unloaded bike can still be a grind, 110 degrees makes for a very unproductive day, there is a lot of oil in Kansas, make sure you're carrying the right size adjustable wrench to fit your lock ring tool before you actually need it, you can keep your bike in perfect running condition if you just degrease and lube the chain often, and it's always more fun riding with a friend.

A few photos from life lately:

The moment I returned home and surprised my mom





Bryant Park with Promise and Whitney




McKinley on Skype!


No comments:

Post a Comment